(hereinafter referred to as the “POPI POLICY”)
ELZANNE BOTHA (PTY) LTD
with Company Registration Number 2020/846887/07
(hereinafter referred to as “Us/We”)
This POPI Policy applies to you when you visit our website or use our products or services.
This POPI Policy is adopted in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act No 4 of 2013 (the “POPI Act”) and the Constitution of South Africa, 1996, which provides that everyone has a right to privacy and includes a right to protection against the unlawful collection, retention, dissemination, and use of Personal Information.
The purpose of the POPI Act is to amongst others to regulate, in harmony with international standards, the processing of Personal Information by public and private bodies in a manner that gives effect to the right to privacy subject to justifiable limitations that are aimed at protecting other rights and important interests of us.
We respect your privacy. This POPI Policy sets out the manner in which we collect and process Personal Information, including dissemination thereof in terms of the POPI Act.
Personal Information means information that (either in isolation or in combination with other Personal Information held by us) enables you to be identified as an individual or recognized directly or indirectly. This may include your name, date of birth, sex, postal address, email address, computer IP address, phone number, credit card number (when you pay directly), login Personal Information, and technical Personal Information from the devices you use to receive our services, together with Personal Information obtained from or about you directly, or indirectly.
Manner of Collection and Processing
We may collect your Personal Information in the following ways:
- Automatically through our website. When you visit our website, we automatically collect your internet usage Personal Information (including your IP address, browser details, and usage Personal Information) through your browser, which we may use to display our website correctly, track your activities on it, or for other necessary purposes.
- On registration or submission. We may ask you to provide us with certain identifying Personal Information (including your first name, surname, and email address) when you register on or otherwise submit Personal Information through our website or application for the first time.
- Voluntarily. We may ask you to provide us certain optional Personal Information on a voluntary basis in order for us to render services which you may instruct us to attend to.
- Consent to collection. We will get your consent to collect your Personal Information in accordance with applicable law when you provide us with it.
Processing – What does this entail?
Processing means the creation, generation, communication, storage, destruction of Personal Information. By providing your Personal Information to us you acknowledge that it has been collected directly from you and consent to its processing by us.
We will only collect Personal Information for a purpose consistent with the purpose for which it is required. The specific purpose for which Personal Information is collected will be apparent from the context in which it is requested.
We will only process Personal Information in a manner that is adequate, relevant, and not excessive in the context of the purpose for which it is processed.
Personal Information will only be processed for a purpose compatible with that for which it was collected unless you have agreed to an alternative purpose in writing or us is permitted in terms of national legislation of general application dealing primarily with the protection of Personal Information.
We will not disclose any Personal Information relating to you to any third party unless your prior written agreement and/or consent is obtained or if we are required to do so by law.
We will only keep your Personal Information for as long as is necessary to fulfill our obligations to you unless you have given us permission to keep it longer or we are otherwise legally allowed to do so.
You have the following rights with respect to the Personal Information that we hold about you:
- Revoke consent for direct marketing. You have the right to object to the processing of your data for direct marketing, you can opt-out by updating your settings or clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any marketing email or newsletter you receive from us or informing us on our Direct Marketing Form.
- Your right to access the Personal Information we hold about you.
- You have the right to ask us whether or not we process your Personal Information and what Personal Information we process.
- You can request access to the Personal Information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact details set out below. We may not be able to give you access to certain Personal Information if it would unreasonably affect someone else’s privacy or if giving you access poses a serious threat to someone’s life, health, or safety.
- Your right to have your Personal Information corrected or deleted (subject to certain laws which may have mandatory retention periods).
- Your right to object to us processing your Personal Information, however, we may not be able to render certain of our services without collecting some of your Personal Information.
- You have the right to ask us to stop processing your Personal Information.
- You also have the right to object to any results of a processing activity that are conducted exclusively through automated systems.
- Please note that, if you have consented to receive offers from our partners/affiliates within our Group, our partners/affiliates are responsible for taking account of your rights, including your right to opt-out of receiving offers from them. You may, however, at any time opt-out of receiving offers from third parties by logging in to your user account and changing the settings. If you had previously opted in, your Personal Information will cease to be transmitted to our partners from the time your request is processed.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator, whose details are: JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001; and postal address P.O Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg. Complaints may be emailed to the Information Regulator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may use standard technology to collect Personal Information about your use of our website. This technology is not able to identify individual users but simply allows us to collect statistics. We may utilise temporary or session cookies to keep track of users’ browsing habits. A cookie is a small file that is placed on your hard drive, in order to keep a record of your interaction with the website and facilitate user convenience.
Cookies by themselves will not be used to identify you personally but may be used to compile identified statistics relating to the use of services offered or to provide us with feedback on the performance of our website. The following classes of Personal Information may be collected in respect of users who have enabled cookies: the browser software used, IP address, date, and time of activities while visiting the website.
If you do not wish cookies to be employed to customise your interaction with our website, it is possible to alter the manner in which your browser handles cookies. Please note that, if this is done, certain services on this website may not be available.
We take the security of Personal Information very seriously and always do our best to comply with applicable data protection laws. We will ensure that there is a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders.
We will take reasonable measures to ensure the security and integrity of Personal Information submitted to or collected by us, but cannot under any circumstances be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by you as a result of unlawful access to or dissemination of any Personal Information by a third party. We have no control over, and accept no responsibility, for the privacy practices of any third-party websites to which hyperlinks may have been provided.
We may share your Personal Information with third parties for the purposes of fulfilling our obligations to you, including with other companies or divisions within our group, our contractors who help us meet our obligations to you, or third parties as required by applicable law.
We will however require anyone that we share your Personal Information with to honour this POPI Policy whenever possible in terms of applicable law.
We may disclose Personal Information to third parties if required for legal reasons, such as if required by the relevant authorities or court orders.
In terms of marketing purposes, we may disclose aggregate statistical Personal Information that we derive from your and other people’s Personal Information to our advertisers or business partners, but you will first have the right to consent or refuse this.
Our personnel may need to disclose Personal Information to do their jobs, but will not do so unnecessarily.
Should a change of ownership be implemented we may assign our rights to the Personal Information to the new owner.
Please note that, due to legal and other developments, we may amend these terms and conditions from time to time. The version of the terms and conditions effective for this POPI Policy are indicated by the effective date incorporated in the title of this POPI Policy. It is your duty to remain appraised of the current version of this POPI Policy.
Should you have any questions about this POPI Policy, you can e-mail the Information Officer directly. If you wish to exercise your rights under applicable data protection laws and/or this POPI Policy, please contact us in writing at:
Tel: +27 (0)73 425 3133
Address: 29 Gordon Road, Martinville, Somerset West, 7130